Let’s make your pronunciation easy to hear and understand! –practice with slash reading method-
- Can do: tell long sentences easy to understand for others.
- Study style: practice while checking slashes and pitch curves.
- Tools: pens
- Preparation: long sentence
1. put reading instruction (hiragana reading) to all Kanji in the sentence.
2. put slashes(/) as a sign for pause.
[When to put a pause]
- after particles
- After conjunctions (ex:soshite/then, shikashi/but etc) and after conjunction particles (ex:~te, ~tari etc)
- after long modifier of a non-inflectable words (more than 15mora/more than 15 hiragana)
- Before noun phrase
- Before a word you want to emphasize
3. Write an intonation sign which looks like hiragana [へ] in between slashes.
4. Pronounce with high pitch first, and make it go down slowly like the shape of ヘ. Make sure to insert a quick pause at each slash.