Let’s check your pronunciation rhythm — Practice with Praat, software for sound analysis
- Can do: Check and assess your pronunciations
- Study style: Practice while checking own pronunciation with waveform and spectrogram
- Tool: Praat
- Preparation: Vocabularies and sentences you want to check the pronunciation.
1. Select “Record mono sound…” from “New”.
2. Press “Record” from “Sound Recorder”, pronounce, and press “stop”. (example :…)
*Record at quiet place.
3. Put file name into “Name” and press “Save to list”.
4. Choose the data from “Praat objects” and press “View and edit”.
5. The waveform of your voice should appear. Scale the length of each sound.
|Unit of the length (ms)||0.12||0.26||0.28|
The length should be depending on individuals and the speed of the speech. However, the length of soundless 「っ」should be as long as 「ぶ」or「た」. With the example word here, 「っ」and「た」should be the same length.